So hmmm…….why my long absence….well I got nothing. I could blame it on work but I have done that over a hundred times. I could blame it on the garden but uhh……no pictures have been provided. Hmmm…..what other b.s. could I sling….yeah I got nothing so I will just call it what it is pure laziness aka addicted to golf. Stupid expensive hobby that is doing nothing but raising my blood pressure and stress. Although I have personally set a new record for longest club being thrown.
However, this should be proof positive the garden is alive and well because all vegetation came right from there. Although really I have to throw the credit to Heather since she is the one who has been watering the garden, weeding, and all that good jazz. However, it should be noted that even though she took care of the garden my truck still needs the oil changed…..
So without further b.s. or excuses here comes the recipe…..
- 6-7 bell peppers
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 lb of ground pork
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 TB of paprika
- 1/4 cup of fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes drained or 6 fresh tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used pepperjack)
- panko breadcrumbs
- couple TB of butter
Steps to success:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef and pork until browned. Remove and drain.
- Add in the onion, diced bell pepper, jalapeno until softened.
- Add in the paprika and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in the tomatoes, rice, meat, rice, herbs, and cheese. Cook until the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove the top, veins, and seeds from the bell peppers. Shove the mixture in the peppers, top with breadcrumbs and a pat of butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes. Once the peppers are softened and then throw under a high broiler for a couple minutes until the topping is browned.
Serve and enjoy!